Friday, August 01, 2014

College exhibition 2012

At the end of each academic year the whole media department at my old college come together to hold an exhibition at a local art gallery. 

After my first year I was lucky enough to have 3 of my pieces to feature in the exhibition.
hand
 This photograph was part of my first college assignment which was called "The Home". I took it on a 35mm film camera and processed the film my self in the darkroom. I also learnt how to print negatives using traditional darkroom techniques.
studio still life
 This image, inspired by John Blakemore (a lot of his still life's have textured backgrounds) was taken in the studio on a large format 5x4 camera. 
studio still life
This is one my favourite photos that I've taken. It was the first time I'd worked totally independently in the studio and so I was very pleased that the shoot was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment