Friday, April 22, 2016

P10: Defined Practice

This is it. P10. The final module of my degree.... Eek!! That is a scary thought.

Well it happened to me again, I started the module with a completely different idea but given the title of this module is "defined practice" it wasn't becoming defined quickly enough and so I decided to think of a new one.
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
Whilst brainstorming I revisited a piece of work I did last year, way back when we were only on P6. That was a piece that came about from a curiosity I had to see what "every day" objects looked like when photographed from a birds eye view. As the project progressed it became more about how these objects can trigger memory. So I was thinking along these lines and realised that I had a whole collection of objects that seem so mundane but have sentimental value to me. I went for a little look through my kitchen draws and cupboards in search of crockery and utensils that used to belong to my nanna.
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
She has featured in my work for another previous module, P7, which was about stand out memories I have of things we experienced together. Sadly, she passed away a little bit before I moved away for university. Instead of buying new kitchen-y bits to take with me, whilst we were clearing out Nanna's house I took a lot of her old things. And so the starting point for this body of work is how I still maintain a physical(ish) connection with her through the act of cooking every day.
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
It was slighly unfortunate that I came up with this concept while I was at home  for 3 weeks over Easter and all the objects I would be photographing were still in Hereford. We also had an interim assessment timetabled for the first week after the holiday, so my first couple of shoots I conducted at home as soon as I got back to Hereford. 
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice
P10- defined practice

No comments:

Post a Comment