Sunday, November 23, 2014

P5: Narrative Imaging

This is a uni project I'm working on at the moment. We've basically be given free reign to create a narrative piece about anything we want and my idea is to photograph the coats that get left behind in the cloakroom of a nightclub for months and months. I find it fascinating to think who the people are that are either not noticing that they don't have their coats any more or can afford to leave them behind.

I've been very lucky as the manager at Play nightclub in Hereford has allowed me to do my project there and these are some of the shots I took on my first shoot there.
P5: narrative imaging
P5: narrative imaging
P5: narrative imaging
P5: narrative imaging
P5: narrative imaging
P5: narrative imaging
P5: narrative imaging
P5: narrative imaging
P5: narrative imaging
P5: narrative imaging
P5: narrative imaging
This first shoot was a bit crazy but by the end I worked out a composition that I like although I think I need to frame the images a little wider so as the context of the cloakroom becomes clearer. The end product is going to be photo book so I'm thinking of presenting each coat with a close up of it's label as a double page spread.

Clearly there's still some way to go but I think so far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment